Research shows that we think approximately 75% of the same thoughts we thought yesterday.
So I reckon we should have a good range of thoughts in our minds, don’t you?
Have a go by following the steps below:
• Be still for just a few minutes.
• Notice the chatter going on in your mind (it might be saying something like, “I’ll never do it”, or “I’ve got so much to do!”)
Now that you’re aware of it, you can do something about it:
- Be still
• Replace the nagging thought(s) with better one(s) (such as, “I can do it,” or, “Everything’s happening as it should,” or, “Whatever happens, I’ll handle it.”) Choose a short statement that feels good to you.
• Repeat these words calmly whenever you remember (a good idea is to use a signal such as putting a sticker on your watch or a mirror, so that every time you see it, it’s a reminder to repeat the positive, healing words to yourself)
• With repetition, you’ll notice that old, loud chatter becomes quieter and softer, and subtle changes within you begin to occur.